Friday 13 March 2015

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Maximum Volume Mascara review



Other than Maybelline Great Lash Mascara I am not really faithful to one brand of mascara. I like to experiment and that is exactly how I came across this gorgeous find.

Luckily whilst in TK MAXX  (I fear TK Maxx will feature a lot this year lol)I stumbled across about 10 tubes of Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Maximum Volume Mascara hidden behind some O.P.I gift sets. Usually retailing for £21.00 I decided that I would definitely be purchasing this in black for a delightful £7 as a pre-Christmas pressie for myself! I also picked up 2 more in case of stocking pressie emergencies.

10.25 ML tube

I have been trialling it for 3  months solidly now and I am so happy I bought it. Can I just say- Gale force English winds aren't the only thing making waves up in here! lol. It definitely lengthens dramatically and I have had sooo many compliments. I have even had people thinking I had falsies on - result! I generally use 2-3 applications and wait for the last layer to dry before applying the next, to avoid clumps. Some people have had issues with the brush size but it works perfectly for me . Luckily I bought extras as I am on to my second one now and they have disappeared in store.


Brush thickness

The Elizabeth Arden website claims that " This beauty award-winner dramatically thickens lashes as it separates and defines. Smudge-proof formula lasts all day " and I am in total agreement with their lengthening and separating properties. They really really make my eyes pop and totally frame my eyes. However I was not blown away by the level of thickness provided by this mascara. It wasn't bad just slightly above average in my opinion. Other than that I am super excited about this mascara, it lasted all day, no clumping didn't flake and there was no irritation. It isn't waterproof unfortunately which is a big thing for me but after testing it I didn't encounter any smudging or running but then I haven't cried so hey-ho. I usually use 2 mascaras at once so using this under a waterproof one will combat this issue. I took a long time me to review this by its self as I wanted to see the effects of long term application and I am happy to say  I haven't had any irritation or eyelash shedding.

I would definitely recommend trying out this Mascara. However I am not about to spend £21 every 3 months for this unless I really have to. Lots of people are on budgets or just can't afford to pay full price for what is actually deemed to be a "lower end" priced luxury mascara. I would definitely suggest heading over to TK MAXX or searching around online for the best deal possible from trusted sources. There are some really good fakes with who knows what in, so please be careful. 
All in all this is definitely a keeper!


Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo


Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment