Monday 26 November 2012

Mixtape Mondays #5


Hey dolls its that 2 steppin time again........




Cody Chesnutt- Till I met thee. You know when you just want some of that old school R&B and neo soul? Yeah he is your guy. I saw him on the Jools Holland show and I loved the live performance of the song.



 Gabrielle Aplin- Power of love. Covering Frankie goes to Hollywood for The John Lewis Christmas advert her ethereal tones makes it really memorable. Having been around on Youtube etc for the last few years, it is rumoured she tweeted John Lewis into submission regarding her doing a song for them and after a while an agency got it touch with her. Goes to show the power of social media and slight stalking....lol




Kyra ft Cashtastic- Good love. It is very nice to see some good UK talent and yup all them faces that look familiar are lol




Solange- Losing you. I usually yawn at her attempts but I freaking love this song and loved it more when I saw the video. Filmed in South Africa the idea seems to me to be about capturing a glimpse of humanity against a back drop of adversity. The scenes really brought those people to life. For anyone who knows their music you will see it was heavily influenced by elements of Janet Jackson's got til its gone video.
P.s this video seems a bit slower than the audio.



Wonder ft Emeli Sandé- Wonder. Seriously one of my favourite songs this year. I am big fan of  them both and I just freaking love this song. Everyone who knows me knows me knows I have had it on replay for ages. Who doesn't like a beautiful message, extras who look like they stepped out of a Benetton ad and purple Icelandic woods?

Until next time........

Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo

Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment