Tuesday 6 November 2012

Matalan Haul:A/W12







Well bonjour Madame Matalan!  Matalan isn't a shop I visit very often but that will definitely change. I have been receiving a lot of their catalogues and discount cards of late so decided to stop by.  I was a little late and didn’t discover Matalan until Uni days. Even then it was one of those shops that you hit like twice a year because of its random location. 

I am incredibly happy with the pieces I got and have already been complimented on several items. This is a very autumnal haul with key accents in plum, aubergine and oxblood. It was not deliberate but it seems that I am reaching for these rich colours more and more. The velvet metal capped brogues give a feminised shoe the much needed edge I love in my accessories and can be teamed with the floaty dress and blazer for a business look or with turned up jeggings and the over sized knit for a casual Friday look.
The over sized orangey coral clutch is really beautiful and the studded horses really lift the bag and add another element to any outfit. I also really loved the over sized tote in cream. You cant see very well from the image but it has a very slight hint of pinky mink blush to it which helps the rose gold studded detail to really warm up the tone of the bag. 

I always get flat ballet pumps where ever I can as I love them and they are super comfortable. The quilted finish is an added extra to the patent capped look we have been seeing on the high streets. Finally Metallics are very big this season and who could resist that gorgeous wear me at Halloween or Christmas party foiled dipped hem skirt? It really reminded me of the foiled Christmas wrapping paper and I just had to have it!

To be honest I didn't go mad as I was looking for smart casual pieces that could go from day to night and not have the rigidity of office wear.  For me their range this season was either too casual or to office wear, so it was definitely quality over quantity this time around. I would definitely suggest trying things on in store if it is your first foray into the shop as I have found their sizing really weird and usually have to go a size smaller some items and bigger in others. I would highly recommend their jumpers this season as they are comfy slouchy and tailored enough to be duel party and business pieces.

 Matalan have really stepped up their game over the last 10 years apparently and I can definitely say their clothes are fashionable and excellent quality. Unlike some other well know high street companies their leggings and jersey dresses don't bobble and tear upon impact with skin. Have you found any Matalan gems of late?

  Until next time.......


Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo

Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment