Thursday 15 August 2013

Mua & FashionistA makeup haul!


Hey dolls,
It has been a little while since I did a makeup haul, mainly because I am trying to use what I have and I am trying to spend less mwahahhhaaa....... anyway I resisted for a while but then the E.L.F and Mua/ FashionistA sale double wammied me. So shopping I went!

I was really good and decided to go for FashionistA and Mua as they are one of my fav companies and  I have so much e.l.f anyway. The sales prices are really excellent and I came away with 22 items costing £30- bargain!

Entire haul combined
I didn't really own any FashionistA before this haul. I have used one of their lippies and found it really good although I ended up giving it away.


L-R Fashionista double take lipstick in Aubergine, Mua lip trio Temptress, Fashionista double take lipstick in Red carpet, MUA lip trio Siren, Fashionista maxi-moisture lipstick in Style transformation

 These lippies will be a great addition to my autumnal berry collection. At £1.50 for the lipsticks and £1.25 for the trios they were such a bargain and I cant wait to use them. They are incredibly nourishing and creamy. They have staying power and are not the most intense but are lovely none the less.


L-R Blushing sd 9, Cinnamon sd12, Butterscotch sd 10, Juicy apricot sd 6, Blushing coral sd 5, PPQ a/w12 limited addition palette
  I am such a fan of blushers. They just lift and add dimension to the face. I don't wear a full face off makeup every day so it is always good to have a wide variety of blushes to play with. I adore the range of colours which I can wear all year round and will take me from day to night with good colour pay off. I had to limit myself to five even though they were only £1.65 each and the pretty palette was only £2!!!!


L-R  Berry brown, Nude glimmer, Earth star, Tokyo bronzer, FashionistA pallete


I decided to go with a natural look with this palette. I am not the biggest fan of sparkle and these have a slight shimmer but are very subtle. I stuck to the palette number this time and I am very pleased with the outcome. Although I adore colour on my lids, it has always been muted or richer tones. I am now finding myself reaching for nude colours and wanted a palette that reflected that. The eyeshadows were £1.65 and this sleek palette was also £2.

The bronzer has been tested a few times already by friends with great reviews.I actually dust this over my collar bone and shins in summer  for an extra glow.



  
I Love, Love, LOVE these lip balms. They smell lovely and moisturise my lips really well.
They are rarely in stock in my local Superdrugs, so I always stock up when I see them. £1 each was a lovely bonus.


L-R - Fashion secret mattifying primer, Fahionista the double collection ultra black mascara, Fashion secret gel eyeliner in dress up chic, Mua matt eyeshadow sd 19

 I tend to always go for mattifying primers as I have found some normal primers make my face feel greasy. I have seen some rave reviews on this product and thought I would give it a go. At £3.50 I don't have anything to lose. I am an absolute mascara junkie and other than Maybelline I am not 100% loyal to any brand. I am forever trying new ones and adding to my collection.This was a great buy at £1.50 down from £8!

The coloured gel eyeliner is a fairly new concept for me. I find black eyeliner to be so chic and timeless why change?  I have been given coloured eyeliners over the years but always shied away as the outcome on other people wasn't to my liking shall we say. I really liked the colour of this one and thought it would make a great accent colour when I don't want to wear eyeshadow.

Lastly my boring brown matt eyeshadow lol. I don't actually use this as eyeshadow. I use it for contouring. As with many dark skinned girls, I found that some contouring powder doesn't give great definition but this does! I tried it after I misplaced my Sleek contour kit and was rather impressed. I love that it is £1 but is very pigmented and versatile.

That's me and my haul. Until next time......


Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo



Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment