Monday 5 May 2014

Beetroot salad: purple mania


 

Hi guys,

Ok it seems to be salad mania up in here! 
This is what I am dubbing my purple haze salad. It is super simple and very filling.
 I adore the colours, even though it is spring there is something very autumnal and harvest supper about it. No?

I have a weird thing about beetroot. Even weirder than my twice a year banana thing. Beetroot takes me back to primary school and having manky over cooked mushy beetroots, possibly with a strand of hair or 2.....ummm sexy.
Over the last few years I have been eating it more mainly shredded (seems to be the only way i will eat it)as it is super nutritious and high in anti oxidants.
My mum has been raving about beetroot for years but I never could bring myself to eat them, which is strange as purple is my favourite colour.


Ingredients:
Red beets
Chioggia beets (ringed beetroot)  
Carrots
 Sweet corn
Cherry tomatoes

Dressing:
1/2 x lemon
1/2x  lime
1 x tablespoon honey
1x dried chives
chili flakes -to taste
pinch of pepper and salt

Enjoy your bank holiday!

Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo


Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment