Thursday 7 May 2015

Collective Homeware Haul SS14


Hi Lovers,

Homeware is my weakness right now! 
Homeware haul vlogs, blogs, websites mmmhhh it's just making me very excited atm!

Accessories in particular are a firm fav of mine as I am mainly buying for my room.
 So here are a few things I have picked up in the last few months.

Phrenology bust TK Maxx £5.99. I have always been obsessed with phrenology busts and had a poster when I was younger. I have even incorporated a custom design bust for a pitch at work! When I saw this I just had to have it! This is the medium , I wanted the bigger one but I couldn't find one that didn't have blemishes so I got this one which fits perfectly on my shelf.



I was actually,  reminded of my love for them when reading The Mesmerist by Barbara Ewing. Which I picked up a few years back in Poundland 2 for 1 sale. It's a very good read too!




Tesco tea light candle holders £1 each aka my new whiskey tumblers. I actually saw these ages ago in the clearance section but didn't get them and they had gone by the time I returned a week later. Luckily after checking their Homeware section there were a few in stock and I bagged 4.




Primark red berry and jasmine tealights £1.50. I do like a scented candle and these Berry & Jasmine candles are lovely and fragrant. I also picked up some pineapple & Ginger ones for 50p! Very exciting times as they are my fav autumn/winter primark candles.



D.I.Y tip: The Ginger and pineapple ones don't have that much of a scent when burning but smell incredibly pungent when they are not burning. So if you break them up and  leave them in draws or your closet they do give a nice fragrant and long lasting scent.




Primark home throw £4. I actually bought this months ago and I am in love with this minty teal tone. It is perfect for spring when it is still a little chilly at night. Throws are an easy way to change up the style of your space without changing your whole scheme.




Ikea SNABBVINGE cushion case £4
I originally bought this to trial in our 
living room but decided to use it as an accent cushion in my room. The colour and design really work well with my spring\summer bed linens but are will equally work well all year round. I also picked up a pillow which I folded in half and inserted a old cushion pillow in the middle. I like to pile my pillows high at night and require a certain level of firmness hence using 2 different fillers. It adds a really calming and sophisticated playfulness to the overall look of my room.



Last but not least, my Matalan initial mug. That every Blogger accessory necessity! I have had a few initial mugs over the years but my fav one was broken in a very mysterious event (Twas all very lemony snickets)! I always find something good in Matalan and headed over there to see what I could find. This is smaller than I would usually go for. I prefer my mugs to be a little bigger or oversized but you can't go wrong with monochrome and at £2 it is an undeniable bargain. I do like a mug and this is a nice addition to the collection.




And that's it guys.
Have  you got the homeware bug and what are you buying?


Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo


Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment